Map
Photos
Info
Near
All







































Center map to
my position.
Your Position:
Unknown
Λεπτομέρειες ΕικόναςImage details
More Photos
Upload your photos for Sitia Beach II and share them with us!
Press here.
Sitia Beach II
Category: Beach
Prefecture: Lassithi
Address:
, Suggest

Telephone:
, Suggest



Rate Sitia Beach II
Average: --
1
2
3
4
5
Αναφορά ως:
Report

Your Opinion
If you want to tell us your opinion about this place, please leave a comment

Post a Comment:

Sitia Beach II




Places near Sitia Beach II


Sitia Museum
Sitia Museum 2677 hits

Working hours: May: 08:00 - 15:00

Sitia
Sitia 2607 hits
Sitia Beach:Organized beach with sun beds, umbrellas (for a fee) and showers near to the town of Sitia. The beach and the sea floor are partly sandy and partly with small pebbles. Sitia is a nice town and the beach is within walking distance.

It is very long ( about 1000 m ) and it only gets crowded near the harbor. There are some flat areas near the east end of the beach where campers can park. 
Image Coming Soon
Hotel Elysee 2499 hits

Hotel Elysee in SitiaHotel Elysee is situated on the main road that runs along the picturesque port of Sitia, just 150 m. from the town center and 50 m. from the beach.

 

 

 


Sitia Customs Office
Sitia Customs Office 2498 hits
ΤΕΛΩΝΕΙΟ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ
1st Dimotiko Sitia
1st Dimotiko Sitia 2496 hits

Sitia 1st Dimotiko School

3rd Nipiagogeio Sitias
3rd Nipiagogeio Sitias 2486 hits

3ο ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ

Image Coming Soon
Petras Ancient Site 2478 hits
 On a low hill (h. 40 m.) by the sea lies an important Minoan settlement. It had a large harbour and was the centre of an area bordered by Chamaizi on the west, Praisos on the south, and Analoukas on the east. Despite the evidence for habitation in the last phase of the Neolithic period (3500 BC), the first settlement is dated to the Early Minoan II period (2600-2300 BC). It continued to be inhabited until 1450 BC, when it was destroyed, along with the other Minoan centres. A short reoccupation occurred during the Late Minoan III period (1400-1300 BC). The settlement flourished in the Old Palace period (2000-1700 BC), when the central building of palatial character was built on the top of the hill; it reached a peak, however, in the New Palace period (1700-1450 BC) when many alterations of the buildings took place. In the 12th-13th centuries AD the top of the hill was occupied by a cemetery, of which 32 graves have been excavated.
  In 1900, R.C. Bosanquet conducted a short-lasting excavation in the area where ruins of ancient walls were visible. Systematic excavations have been conducted by M. Tsipopoluou since 1985.

  The most important monuments of the site are:
  The town. It occupied the whole of the hill and extended around a central building. A "cyclopean" wall with three towers (5 x 5 m.) was uncovered at the foot of the hill. The houses were free-standing, built on terraces, and access to them was gained through stone paved streets, one of which led straight to the central building. The houses contained storerooms and workshops on the ground floor, while the upper floor consisted of the actual living quarters.
  Two houses completely uncovered date to the New Palace period (1700-1450 BC). One was abandoned during the Late Minoan Ia period (1500 BC) and the other was destroyed by fire a little later (1450 BC).
  •House 1. The rooms of the ground floor extend on two terraces which are connected by means of a stone-built staircase. On the lower terrace are preserved two storerooms and two kitchens, where vases had fallen down from shelves on the walls, and a room with a "lenos" (wine-press) and pithoi for the storing of wine. On the upper terrace is a workshop with stone basins and stone querns, while under the floor was a pithos containing the burial of an infant.
  •House 2. Two building phases are distinguished: during the first, one of the rooms of the ground floor was used as a reception hall, with a central column, floor covered with plaster, a hearth, and doorways to the rest of the rooms; later, this was converted into a workshop area, for working and dying wool. To this conclusion point also the stone basins, the channels and the loom-weights found. A lump of clay with signs of the Linear A script which stand for "perfume oil" was found in one of the storerooms.
  The central palatial building covers an area of 0.3 hectares. It is constructed on two terraces, on an artificial plateau on the hilltop and is surrounded by a retaining wall with a tower-like bastion. A corridor oriented E-W leads through a pier-and-door partition to the central court, which had a floor covered with plaster, and measured 9 x 13 in the first New Palace period. During the last phase it was enlarged (5.50 x 11 m.) and was flanked by rooms on the west, which probably served as cult places, as indicated by a libation table and tablets of Linear A script found there. The most remarkable of the rooms to the south of the corridor is the one with the gypsum slabs and a bench covered with plaster and orthostats. On the north side of the corridor lie twelve oblong rooms, while at a lower level are the magazines, connected to the central court by means of a monumental staircase, covered with plaster; in the last phase of the building this was also closed by a storeroom. To the west of the building was a garden which separated the main part of the building from the workshop areas.
 
Image Coming Soon
ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ ΕΙΔΙΚΟ 2469 hits

ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ ΕΙΔΙΚΟ

Image Coming Soon
Flisvos 2468 hits

Hotel Flisvos in Sitia, East Crete

The newly built Hotel FLISVOS is located by the most beautiful part of the beach next to the sea and just 50m from the town center.

 




Agia Aikaterini
Agia Aikaterini 2463 hits

Even though the church dedicated to Saint Catherine appears to be relatively new—since it was rebuilt in the early 19th century—we can confidently identify its location as the site of the earlier Santa Caterina church of the Augustinians.

Its first belfry, on its south-western side, was constructed in 1938. The Bema was expanded with two auxiliary spaces in the early 1950s, and the dilapidated belfry was replaced in 1953-54.

Image Coming Soon
1ο ΕΝΙΑΙΟ ΛΥΚΕΙΟ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ 2445 hits

1ο ΕΝΙΑΙΟ ΛΥΚΕΙΟ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ