Places near Neapoli Prison
Temporarily Closed due to restoration works in progress.
The Archaeological Collection of Neapolis was created before World War II and within two years included around 1000 items, found mostly in the area of Mirambello and in other sites of the Prefecture. During the Italian rule, thanks to the efforts of Emm. Mavroeidis (then ektaktos curator of Antiquities) the Collection was protected in the underground of the Club. Today it is housed in a building ceded to the Ministry of Culture by the Ministry of Health and the Municipality. The Collection is temporarily closed to the public.
- Finds from the excavations of the French School of Archaeology at Elounta (1937),
- Finds from the excavations of the French School of Archaeology at Hellenika (1937),
- Finds from the excavations of the French School of Archaeology at Dreros (1937),
- Finds from the excavations of Emm. Mavroeidis at a Late Minoan tomb in Tourloti, near Seteia,
- Finds from the excavations of Emm. Mavroeidis at a Hellenistic tomb at Kalo Chorio (ancient Istrona),
- Finds from the area of Mirambello, collected or given to the Ephorate
Antiquities collected by the Italian forces from Aghios Nikolaos (ancient Lato pros Kamara) and other areas of the Prefecture,
- Numismatic collection (coins given by citizens).
Telephone: +30 28420 8721
1ο ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΝΕΑΠΟΛΗΣ ΜΕΡΑΜΒΕΛΛΟΥ
2ο ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ ΝΕΑΠΟΛΗΣ