Map
Photos
Info
Near
All







































Center map to
my position.
Your Position:
Unknown
Λεπτομέρειες ΕικόναςImage details
More Photos
Upload your photos for ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΜΑΚΡΥ ΓΙΑΛΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ and share them with us!
Press here.
ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΜΑΚΡΥ ΓΙΑΛΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ
Category: Education
Prefecture: Lassithi
Address: ΜΑΚΡΥΣ ΓΙΑΛΟΣ – ΣΤΑΥΡΟΧΩΡΙ, ZipCode: 72055
Telephone: 2843051143
Fax: 2843051143


Rate ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΜΑΚΡΥ ΓΙΑΛΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ
Average: --
1
2
3
4
5
Αναφορά ως:
Report

Your Opinion
If you want to tell us your opinion about this place, please leave a comment

Post a Comment:

ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΜΑΚΡΥ ΓΙΑΛΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ


ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΜΑΚΡΥ ΓΙΑΛΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ


Places near ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΜΑΚΡΥ ΓΙΑΛΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ


Image Coming Soon
Pilalimata 2460 hits
Pilalimata is an old small village south of Pefkoi, a continuance of Analypsi, which is on the way to Sitia and about 1000m far from the seacoast, the beaches of Diaskari and Lagkadas.According to tradition its legacy started prior to the sovereignty of the Turks; yet it is not known for a fact who founded the village. In line again with tradition it is widely believed that the Byzantines have seized large territories of land that was occupied by Saracens and built northeast of Pilalimata the great monastery of Kera Panagia (Virgin Mary). Following native population built a metochi (Monastery Dependency) 350m away from the Abbey, where they produced livestock and cultivated land for living. During the Venetian rule it is said that a large number of the region’s properties and part of the monastery was granted to Venetian settlers; others say that Pillalimata was built by the Venetians, but after the destruction of the monastery by the Turks in 1941.

The landscape of the village is flat, and the land known for its fruitfulness; that is mainly the reason that this particular estate was always a property of high ranking officials of the conquerors, Byzantines, Venetians and Turks. The greater region of the village is also referred to the Byzantine Loukas Litinas or Lithinas, whose descendants are believed to be the residents of the nearby village "Lithines". Pilalimata was his tsifliki (private estate), and he was left in history as one of the most dreadful tyrants that the region has seen.

It is alleged that the name Pillalimata comes from the word ‘lima’ which means profit or taken from somewhere. It is also said that the village’s name comes from the word ‘limata or pola pila’ (muddy); a product of geological phenomena caused by a nearby river. Others say that the village was named after a Turkish ‘Aga’ (Ruler), whose name was Pilalis. During the Greek Independence war on 1897 the village was destroyed by fire, and four Turks were killed. Residents of Pefkoi collected the debris of three cypresses, and built onto it the temple of the Orthodox church of the Three Hierarchs.

Πηγή:

«Πεύκοι “Τόπος και Ιστορία”», Γεωργίου Θ. Καναβάκη (Καναβογιώργη), Έκδοση Κοινότητας Πεύκων, Ιούλιος – Αύγουστος 1994
Image Coming Soon
Analipsi 2459 hits
In the early years, Analypsis was a settlement of the former Community of Pefkoi. Its development began in 1956 in the area north of the beach.

Initially the settlement was built east of the port of Makry Gialos but due to the growth, it quickly joined with the settlement of Makry Gialos. Furthermore the area took the name of Makry Gialos and today forms the Municipality of Makry Gialos.

The main reason for the foundation and growth of the settlement was the opening of the road from Ierapetra to Sitia in 1956 and the cultivation of precocious horticultural since 1957.

In 1961 for the first time the area was reported in official documents as Analypsis and the 4th inventory department of Community of Pefkoi. In 1971-72 the development begun and the road network was improved. As a result tourists appeared and small cottages became rooms for rental by tourists, bungalows were built, shops and then the first big hotel which attracted more tourists.

At present permanent residents of Analypsis exceed 2000 while the summer months the population is increased by locals and tourists.

For accommodation, there are plenty of rented rooms, hotels, villas. Furthermore super markets, restaurants, cafes, car rental businesses are present and a lot of relevant shops that can cover visitors’ requirements.

In front of the settlement unfolds the clean and rewarded with the blue flag, sea of Lybikon with the beautiful and spectacular beach of Makry Gialos.

The sea and the sandy beach from the south, the panoramic and green mountains with beautiful slopes from the north, combined with the sun, fresh air of mountains and sea, make the settlement of Analypsis and Makry Gialos in ideal place for holidays.
Image Coming Soon
Miramare 2457 hits

Miramare Studios - apartments Makrigialos >> sea view apartments in southeast Crete >> Family accommodation in Makrys Gialos CreteMiramare is consisted of eight stylish studios, which are located only a few steps away from the beach, in a very quiet place on the edge of a settlement. The settlement is the picturesque haven of Makris Gialos. In this village, you can find numerous taverns and restaurants, as well as shops, doctors, pharmacy and car rental offices.

 


Lagada
Lagada 2457 hits

The isolated beach of Lagada is located 5kms eastern from the village of Makrigialos and 3 km western from the well know Kapsa Monastery.  The area is undeveloped. The beach has sand and pebbles and it is 400m long. There are some tamarisk trees for shadow if needed. 

--------

Lagkada is an old settlement which borders with Lithines. It is built 300 m north of the seacoast and 500 m away of Diaskari. The name Lagkada (valley) comes from the nearby valley (west of the settlement) which is crossed by the river Lagkadiotis.

 

The settlement is crossed by the road leading to the Monastery of St. Ioannis Kapsas, and Goudouras. The area is good for cultivation of olive trees, vineyards and greenhouse products.

 

The beach of Lagkada is one of the best in the area with crystal clear waters and fine sand.

 

Πηγή:

 

«Πεύκοι “Τόπος και Ιστορία”», Γεωργίου Θ. Καναβάκη (Καναβογιώργη), Έκδοση Κοινότητας Πεύκων, Ιούλιος – Αύγουστος 1994 

Karavospilios
Karavospilios 2456 hits
On the hill called Bigla, 300m on the east of Diaskari, there is the remains of an old town which history goes back to the past Minoan era. Tradition wants the residents of that town to be sailors and they believed to be protected by the sons of Zeus, who were called Dioskourioi. It is also said that the residents of that town had built a temple to honor their protectors, and the town was reported as the town of Dioskourioi. By the transformation of the language through the years, the name of the town took its current form, but the real name of that town is not yet confirmed and remains unknown.

Next to the remains of the town there is a cave facing the sea called ‘Karavospilios’ (Ship-cave). It is said that the surrounding area in front of the cave was used as a shipyard, but despite the extensive archaeological research in the area, nothing confirms the life and the history of the town.

Πηγή:

«Πεύκοι “Τόπος και Ιστορία”», Γεωργίου Θ. Καναβάκη (Καναβογιώργη), Έκδοση Κοινότητας Πεύκων, Ιούλιος – Αύγουστος 1994
Diaskari
Diaskari 2455 hits

Diaskari Beach: The isolated and quiet beach of Diaskari is located just a five-minute drive away or 15 hot minutes walking from the main beach and village of Makrigialos in East Crete on the way to Kapsa - Goudouras. 

The rewards on reaching Diaskari are a crowd-free slice of seaside heaven. It hosts a small taverna and fantastic beach cabanas, complete with sunloungers and hammocks that tempt you to stay a while longer in their relaxing sway.

------------ 

Diaskari is another settlement of Pefkoi, located on the east side of Analypsis settlement, built next to the homonym seacoast, and is connected with a secondary road from a junction, located on midway of the main road of Analypsis to Pilalimata.

On the hill called Bigla, 300m on the east of Diaskari, there is the remains of an old town which history goes back to the past Minoan era. Tradition wants the residents of that town to be sailors and they believed to be protected by the sons of Zeus, who were called Dioskourioi. It is also said that the residents of that town had built a temple to honor their protectors, and the town was reported as the town of Dioskourioi. By the transformation of the language through the years, the name of the town took its current form, but the real name of that town is not yet confirmed and remains unknown.

Next to the remains of the town there is a cave facing the sea called ‘Karavospilios’ (Ship-cave). It is said that the surrounding area in front of the cave was used as a shipyard, but despite the extensive archaeological research in the area, nothing confirms the life and the history of the town.

Πηγή:

«Πεύκοι “Τόπος και Ιστορία”», Γεωργίου Θ. Καναβάκη (Καναβογιώργη), Έκδοση Κοινότητας Πεύκων, Ιούλιος – Αύγουστος 1994
Image Coming Soon
Olympia 2454 hits

Olympia apartments Makrigialos >> sea view apartments in southeast Crete >> Beachfront accommodation in Makrys Gialos CreteOlympia apts is a beautiful, recently rebuilt in the heart of Makri Gialos Bay, lying right in front of a sandy, Blue Flag awarded beach, with the ambition of winning your hearts because we have put our love and effort in order to satisfy your elegant pure choice.

 


Image Coming Soon
Stelin Tours 2453 hits

Stelin Tours is an experienced, reliable and well-organised travel agency located in Makry-Gialos, Lassithi, Crete, which provides excellent travel services that will make your vacation on the island of Crete a unique experience. We offer a wide variety of all-inclusive travel services in the Makry-Gialos area, such as hotel accommodation, studios, apartments, rooms and villas for rent.


Image Coming Soon
Agios Demetrios 2452 hits
Church of St James (St Dimitrios)

In Pilalimata, in the decade of 1980 Mr Georgios Dermitzakis from the village of Lapithos and his spouse Ekaterini Ioannou Chatzakis from Agios Stefanos offered a big part of their land and a respectable amount of money for building the temple of Saint Dimitrios. After their death construction of the temple was carried out by the residents of Pilalimata and others from the nearby areas, with the priest Emmanuel Chatzakis being the organizer of their endeavour. Finally the opening ceremony was held on the 26th-10-1993.

Πηγή:

«Πεύκοι “Τόπος και Ιστορία”», Γεωργίου Θ. Καναβάκη (Καναβογιώργη), Έκδοση Κοινότητας Πεύκων, Ιούλιος – Αύγουστος 1994
Image Coming Soon
Villa Feggari 2452 hits

 Villa Feggari apartments Makrigialos >> sea view apartments in southeast Crete >> Family accommodation in Makrys Gialos CreteVilla Fengari is located in Makrigialos or Makrys Gialos East Crete, in Lassithi Prefecture, on the south-eastern coast of Crete, at 150m from the sea. Makrigialos is a quiet tourist seaside resort, on the south-eastern coast of Crete.

 


Image Coming Soon
Aeolus holidays Villa 2452 hits

Aeolus Villas holiday house for rent in Makrigialos: Aeolus holidays Villas is a newly built complex of 4 villas in Makrigialos village at the eastern-southern part of Crete.

It is situated just 3minutes walk from the Lagada beach and 2km far from Makrigialos village and 30km from Sitia city. All holidays Villas have their own swimming pool, garden & privacy.




Image Coming Soon
Prospilia 2451 hits
Prospilia is a relatively new settlement in the area. It is built 500 m north of the seacoast on the road from Analypsis to Pefkoi. The development started in 1970 and is still growing.

The name Prospilia is given to that area as there are many tiny caves of white stones. Prospilia, ASprospilia, Aspra Spilea (White Caves) is the conversion of the words describing the characteristics of the area.

Πηγή:

«Πεύκοι “Τόπος και Ιστορία”», Γεωργίου Θ. Καναβάκη (Καναβογιώργη), Έκδοση Κοινότητας Πεύκων, Ιούλιος – Αύγουστος 1994
Image Coming Soon
Artemis pool villa 2451 hits

Artemis pool villa with sea view in Makry Gialos: Self catering Cretan detached 4 bedroom Villa, private swimming pool, stunning sea views, just 3minutes walk from the beach and 2km far from Makrigialos village and 30km from Sitia city.

Ideal for relaxing holidays for families, friendly groups or couples.


Analipsi
Analipsi 2451 hits
On the road that passes from the settlement of Analypsis is built the little church dedicated to the Ascension of Jesus. Its construction began in 1908 from residents of Pefki at a location that had the name “Big piece or Chani”. Its completion was delayed up to 1930, due to the long-lasting wars from 1913 until 1922 and other unfavourable situations. Then a villager, who was retired officer of police force and tradesman in the town of Ierapetra, Charilaos M Manoysakis sponsored its completion which took place in 1933 from the craftsman Stefanos E Karamanolakis from the Krya village. The opening ceremony of the Temple became the 1934. In 1983 suffered damage due to arson, the repair then was sponsored by the ship-owner Antonios Lelakis from the town of Sitia.


Πηγή:

«Πεύκοι “Τόπος και Ιστορία”», Γεωργίου Θ. Καναβάκη (Καναβογιώργη), Έκδοση Κοινότητας Πεύκων, Ιούλιος – Αύγουστος 1994