Map
Photos
Info
Near
All







































Center map to
my position.
Your Position:
Unknown
Περισσότερες Φωτογραφίες
Ανεβάστε φωτογραφίες από
Εκκλησία
και μοιραστείτε τις μαζί μας!
Πατήστε εδώ.
Εκκλησία
Κατηγορία: Εκκλησία
Νομός: Λασιθίου
Διεύθυνση:
Προτείνετε

Τηλέφωνο:
Προτείνετε



Βαθμολογήστε: Εκκλησία
Μέσος Όρος: --
1
2
3
4
5
Αναφορά ως:
Report

Η γνώμη σας
Αν θέλετε να μας πείτε την άποψη σας γι αυτήν την τοποθεσία, θα σας παρακαλούσαμε να γράψετε ένα σχόλιο.

Σχολιάστε:

Εκκλησία




Μέρη κοντινά με Εκκλησία


Έξω Μουλιανά 306 hits
Mesa and Exo Muliana: There are a number of possibilities for the etymology of the name. One suggestion is that it is derived from the verb "moulono": bend or stoop, indicating that the location is lowin comparison with the surrounding mountains. The second view is that it comes from the Venetian word "mulo" : a mule, or thirdly it could be a corruption of the word «maglinos», a dialect word meaning «tall and slender» which is used to describe the main icon of Agios Georgios (the patron saint of the village Exo Mouliana), which is the church of the village Exo Mouliana. Mesa Mouliana is a little further on than Εxo Mouliana, being 19 km from Sitia on the way to Agios Nikolaos. In the Venetian census of 1583 it is listed as Messa Mugliana with a population of 458. The hamlet of Kalavros is also part of this community.

Muliana Village in East Crete Muliana Village in East Crete Muliana Village in East Crete 

This is an area of considerable archaeological interest from which there have been many finds. In 1903 Stephanos Xanthoudides excavated two tholos tombs of the Late Μinoan period at Sellades and subsequently tombs of the Protogeometric period. In the first were found both cremation and interment burials, which is characteristic of the priod.

Among the finds were a gold mask, a false-neck amphora (stirrup jar), vessels of pottery and of bronze, a sword and a bronze buckle. A very important find was a Protogeometric bell-krateron one side of which is depicted a huntsman pursuing two "agrimia",wild goats, and on the other side is the earliest representation found in Crete of a man on horseback.

Muliana Village in East Crete From the book "Sitia", N.Papadakis, Arcaeologist,1983
>> Περισσότερα...
Μέσα Μουλιανά 290 hits
Mesa and Exo Muliana: There are a number of possibilities for the etymology of the name. One suggestion is that it is derived from the verb "moulono": bend or stoop, indicating that the location is lowin comparison with the surrounding mountains. The second view is that it comes from the Venetian word "mulo" : a mule, or thirdly it could be a corruption of the word «maglinos», a dialect word meaning «tall and slender» which is used to describe the main icon of Agios Georgios (the patron saint of the village Exo Mouliana), which is the church of the village Exo Mouliana. Mesa Mouliana is a little further on than Εxo Mouliana, being 19 km from Sitia on the way to Agios Nikolaos. In the Venetian census of 1583 it is listed as Messa Mugliana with a population of 458. The hamlet of Kalavros is also part of this community.

Muliana Village in East Crete Muliana Village in East Crete Muliana Village in East Crete 

This is an area of considerable archaeological interest from which there have been many finds. In 1903 Stephanos Xanthoudides excavated two tholos tombs of the Late Μinoan period at Sellades and subsequently tombs of the Protogeometric period. In the first were found both cremation and interment burials, which is characteristic of the priod.

Among the finds were a gold mask, a false-neck amphora (stirrup jar), vessels of pottery and of bronze, a sword and a bronze buckle. A very important find was a Protogeometric bell-krateron one side of which is depicted a huntsman pursuing two "agrimia",wild goats, and on the other side is the earliest representation found in Crete of a man on horseback.

Muliana Village in East Crete From the book "Sitia", N.Papadakis, Arcaeologist,1983
>> Περισσότερα...
Άγιος Ιωάννης Θεολόγος 228 hits

Ιερός Ναός Αγίου Ιωάννη Θεολόγου (Μέσα Μουλιανά)
 
Ο άρχικος τρίκλιτος ναός ο αφιερωμένος στον Άγιο Ιωάννη, την Παναγία και την Αγία Τριάδα είναι αποτέλεσμα τριών διαδοχικών επεμβάσεων σ’ ένα μονόχωρο τρουλλαίο ναό της μεσοβυζαντινής περιόδου. Την περίοδο της βενετοκρατίας ο ναός επεκτάθηκε με την προσθήκη του νότιου κλίτους, αφιερωμένου σήμερα στον Άγιο Χαράλαμπο. Τον 19ο αι. τα δύο υφιστάμενα κλίτη επεκτάθηκαν προς τα δυτικά και παράλληλα προσετέθη το βόρειο κλίτος, αφιερωμένο στην Αγία Τριάδα. Στην δυτική πλευρά του ναού ανοίχθηκαν τρία νέα θυρώματα, ένα για κάθε κλίτος, από τα οποία το κεντρικό διαμορφώθηκε μνημειακά αποτελώντας τη βάση για το δίλοβο, καθ’ ύψος, κωδωνοστάσιο. Στο εσωτερικό του ο ναός διασώζει τοιχογραφικό διάκοσμο μόνο στην αψίδα του ιερού ο οποίος πιθανόν χρονολογείται στον 14ο αι. Στο τεταρτοσφαίριο εικονίζεται η Δέηση και στον ημικύλινδρο πέντε ιεράρχες με πολυσταύρια φαιλόνια οι οποίοι κρατούν κλειστά ευαγγέλια, καθώς και ο άγιος Ιάκωβος, στο βόρειο άκρο, ο οποίος φαίνεται να συνοδεύει τους ιεράρχες, στραμμένος προς τα δεξιά, φορώντας την στολή του αποστόλου και όχι του ιεράρχη, όπως τον συναντάμε σε ανάλογες παραστάσεις.

>> Περισσότερα...