Μέρη κοντινά με Κουλές Βαθιακού
We continue straight ahead and at 55 km after Rethimno City we found village Apodoulou, with springs of water and plenty of greenery. It was named after the first inhabitants who were "apodouloi" which "slaves who were set free". It enjoyed its great prosperity during the Venetian Occupation.
A vaulted tomb of the mid-Minoan Period with four sarcophagus. Furthermore, a building with a golden axe and inscribed vessels of libations have been found. All these findings are exposed in the Museum of Rethymnon.
Here there is a wall-painted church of Saint Georgios, where an engraving is preserved since 1496 AD. After Apodoulou, a road on the left that follows a beautiful route to a green surrounding, leads to the villages of Platanos, Lohria which is the last village at the east part of Rethymnon, and Kamares.