Places near Panagia
The gorge of Mesonas formed between the mountain Kliros (1331m.) and Mount Papoura (1010m.) and connecting the springs of the Milonias with the entrance of the Havgas gorge. The total length is 4Km, and the elevation difference is 455m.
This is a relatively narrow gorge with vertical walla, full of water during winter. Slopes are covered with oaks and maples.
A narrow serpantine shape cobbled path runs through the canyon (ideal for hiking all seasons) and old aqueduct carrying water from Milonias Springs to the Kavousi Village.
It is ideal for canyoning by following the course of water.
Agia Irini (St. Irene) (Kavoussi)
The single-space, Byzantine church dedicated to Saint Irene dates back to 1410 and is a modest arch-covered church adorned with murals.