Map
Photos
Info
Near
All







































Center map to
my position.
Your Position:
Unknown
Λεπτομέρειες ΕικόναςImage details
More Photos
Upload your photos for Paraspori and share them with us!
Press here.
Paraspori
Category: Town-Village
Prefecture: Lassithi
Address: Sitia
Telephone:
, Suggest



Rate Paraspori
Average: --
1
2
3
4
5
Αναφορά ως:
Report

Your Opinion
If you want to tell us your opinion about this place, please leave a comment

Post a Comment:

Paraspori



Το Παρασπόρι βρίσκεται στο δρόμο Πισκοκέφαλο - Αχλάδια - Παρασπόρι, σε απόσταση 12 χλμ. από τη Σητεία και σε υψόμετρο 350 μέτρων. Είναι παλιό και ιστορικό χωριό καθώς μαρτυρεί και ο τάφος της μεγάλης οικογένειας των Κορνάρων που βρίσκεται στο προαύλιο της εκκλησίας του χωριού. Εδώ έγινε μια από τις σημαντικές ενέργειες της επανάστασης του 1821 κατά την οποία οι επαναστάτες πολιόρκησαν τους Οθωμανούς και τους ανάγκασαν να παραδοθούν. Δοιηκητικά ανοίκει στον Δήμο Σητείας του νομού Λασιθίου και έχει 70 κατοίκους (απογραφή 2011). Στο χωριό υπάρχει αγροτικό ιατρείο, παραδοσιακό καφενείο, αίθουσα εκδηλώσεων - βιβλιοθήκη (το ανακαινισμένο παλαιό δημοτικό σχολείο), η ιδιαίτερου φυσικού κάλους τοποθεσία "Κάτω Βρύση" με παραδοσιακή κρήνη μεγάλα πλατάνια και τρεχούμενα νερά και ιστορικές εκκλησίες. Στην περιοχή μας υπάρχει και η Παναγία της Ρίζας η Γαλακτοκτισμένη, που πήρε το όνομα της από τον τρόπο κτισίματος, αφού οι πιστοί χρησιμοποίησαν αντί για νερό που δεν υπήρχε στην περιοχή και δεν επέτρεψαν οι Τούρκοι να μεταφερθεί από αλλού, γάλα από τα ζώα για να κάνουν την λάσπη και έτσι η εκκλησία ονομάστηκε Γαλακτοκτισμένη. Από παλιά, κάθε χρόνο τον Δεκαπενταύγουστο συρρέουν πιστοί από τα γύρω χωριά και όλη την επαρχία Σητείας για να προσκυνήσουν. Στο παρελθόν μετά το τέλος της λειτουργίας στις 15 Αυγούστου, οι πιστοί πήγαιναν σε μια πολύ κοντινή τοποθεσία που είχε καρυδιές (στις καρές) και έστηναν γλέντι. Οργανοπαίκτες από τα γύρω χωριά και πλήθος πιστών που κρατούσαν διάφορα μεζεδάκια γλεντούσαν μέχρι που «έπεφτε» ο ήλιος. Σήμερα το γλέντι έχει «μεταφερθεί» στο Παρασπόρι στην τοποθεσία «Κάτω Βρύση», όπου μετά την λειτουργία ανήμερα της Παναγίας, ο Πολιτιστικός Σύλλογος αναβιώνει το παραδοσιακό πανηγύρι του Δεκαπενταύγουστου. Άλλα αξιοθέατα του χωριού είναι οι εκκλησίες Άγιος Γεώργιος (πολιούχος του χωριού), Αγίων Κωνσταντίνου και Ελένης (με εξαιρετική θέα προς την πόλη και την ευρύτερη περιοχή της Σητείας), Αγίου Αλεξάνδρου (ο πιο πρόσφατα κτισμένος ναός του χωριού), του Αφέντη Χριστού (πρόκειται για παλιό κατεστραμμένο Ναό από τον οποίο σώζονται μέρη της λιθόκτιστης τοιχοποιίας, επίσης με εξαιρετική θέα προς την πόλη και την ευρύτερη περιοχή της Σητείας), το παλιό Δημοτικό Σχολείο που έχει ανακαινισθεί πρόσφατα και λειτουργεί ως πολιτιστικό κέντρο (βιβλιοθήκη και χώρος πολιτιστικών εκδηλώσεων), η περιπατητική διαδρομή Αγκαθιάς Χαμεζίου - Ρίζα - Παρασπόρι - Σκοπή και στην ευρύτερη περιοχή του χωριού ο Θολωτός τάφος στα Αχλάδια, η παραδοσιακή κρήνη στο Σκορδύλο, η Μονή Παναγία της Ρίζας η Γαλακτοκτισμένη και το φρούριο Monte Forte κοντά στα Κρυά. Το χωριό ανήκει διοικητικά στον Δήμο Σητείας του Νομού Λασιθίου και έχει 70 κατοίκους (απογραφή 2011).

 

http://www.paraspori.gr/

 


Places near Paraspori


Image Coming Soon
Elipsoid Minoan house 2448 hits

Elipsoid house at Chamezi

On a conical hill called Souvloto Mouri lies the only known oval house of the Middle Minoan Ia period (2100-2000 B.C.). It belongs to an intermediate type of building, between the circular and the rectangular ones. Two architectural phases are distinguished; the earlier buildings, some with curvilinear walls, dated to the Early Minoan period (2800-2300 B.C.), were mostly farmers' houses and extended beyond the east side of the oval building. The discovery of a large number of figurines created the assumption that this was a peak sanctuary, but it seems that it originally was a domestic shrine, incorporated into the house. The main entrance of the Middle Minoan oval house (2200-1550 B.C.) is on the SE side, while a second one was uncovered on the NW, at the base of a staircase that leads to the upper floor. The structural nucleus of the house is a small open courtyard surrounded by rooms fronting on it. A well or cistern is located in the eastern part of the courtyard. One of the largest rooms on the NE side has been interpreted as a domestic shrine. To the earlier architectural phase belong the foundations of three rooms on the east external side, also slightly curved. 

The house at Chamaizi was excavated in 1903 by St. Xanthoudides and a little later, in 1907, D. Mackenzie made some very interesting observations on the architectural plan of the building. In 1971, in the course of clearing and consolidation work conducted by the Ephorate of Antiquities under the direction of K. Davaras, new evidence was brought to light, which changed or reinforced some of the previous theories. Several observations on the function of the building have been made by St. Alexiou and N. Platon.

Author
Chr. Sofianou, archaeologist
http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/2/eh251.jsp?obj_id=1645

Image Coming Soon
ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ ΧΑΜΕΖΙΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ 2446 hits

ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ ΧΑΜΕΖΙΟΥ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ

Image Coming Soon
Chamezi Minoan House 2436 hits

Elipsoid house at Chamezi

On a conical hill called Souvloto Mouri lies the only known oval house of the Middle Minoan Ia period (2100-2000 B.C.). It belongs to an intermediate type of building, between the circular and the rectangular ones. Two architectural phases are distinguished; the earlier buildings, some with curvilinear walls, dated to the Early Minoan period (2800-2300 B.C.), were mostly farmers' houses and extended beyond the east side of the oval building. The discovery of a large number of figurines created the assumption that this was a peak sanctuary, but it seems that it originally was a domestic shrine, incorporated into the house. The main entrance of the Middle Minoan oval house (2200-1550 B.C.) is on the SE side, while a second one was uncovered on the NW, at the base of a staircase that leads to the upper floor. The structural nucleus of the house is a small open courtyard surrounded by rooms fronting on it. A well or cistern is located in the eastern part of the courtyard. One of the largest rooms on the NE side has been interpreted as a domestic shrine. To the earlier architectural phase belong the foundations of three rooms on the east external side, also slightly curved.

The house at Chamaizi was excavated in 1903 by St. Xanthoudides and a little later, in 1907, D. Mackenzie made some very interesting observations on the architectural plan of the building. In 1971, in the course of clearing and consolidation work conducted by the Ephorate of Antiquities under the direction of K. Davaras, new evidence was brought to light, which changed or reinforced some of the previous theories. Several observations on the function of the building have been made by St. Alexiou and N. Platon.

Author
Chr. Sofianou, archaeologist
http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/2/eh251.jsp?obj_id=1645

 

Image Coming Soon
ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΣΚΟΠΗΣ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ 2430 hits

ΝΗΠΙΑΓΩΓΕΙΟ ΣΚΟΠΗΣ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ

Image Coming Soon
ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ ΣΚΟΠΗΣ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ 2426 hits

ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ ΣΚΟΠΗΣ ΣΗΤΕΙΑΣ